Tuesday, July 21, 2009

mmmm....S'more S'mores please


A couple of weekends ago we had the opportunity to go see a friend of ours retire from the Air Force. It was wonderful getting caught up with them, and a few other friends we were stationed with in England.

My parents are so awesome, they let us crash at their pad. We love visiting them so much! And they even let us bring Emma the energizer dog...all the better. Friday we did the retirement ceremony and party. Saturday Phillip played golf at the Air Force Academy while my parents took Meghan and I shopping. It was a long day for Meghan.

Nana had promised Meghan that they would do S'mores. It got later and later in the evening, it was hard to put Meghan to bed because she was having so much fun with her Nana, Papa, and her Aunts Becky & Cassie. I undid her hairdo and was about to put her in the bath when she and Nana reminded me about the S'mores. Bath plans on hold for a few minutes, we did quick S'mores in the microwave since there wasn't enough time for Papa to start a fire. (I think my dad is a closet pyro.)

Phillip and dad enjoyed just the chocolate. Nana, Meghan, Aunt Cassie and I enjoyed complete S'mores....and my sister Becky who has an aversion to fluffy, delicious, finger lickin' good marshmallows had melted chocolate on graham cracker. I KNOW she is weird, but we love her despite that.

Below are Meghan with her wild woman hairdo thoroughly enjoying that S'more.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Lynn! So, it took me a minute. Forgive me? I hadn't gone through your blog enough to realize... WE KNOW EACH OTHER!!! But with the family picture up there and then the post about Marcia, I went... OH MY HECK! It's Lynn Wheeler!

How are you? Doing great obviously. Meghan is an absolute beauty! What a joy she must be for you and your husband!! I am so enjoying having a little girl. I remember when you were expecting her and your husband was deployed right?

I'm so excited about your weight loss! I did a liquid diet almost 5 years ago and lost 80 pounds. It was so amazing! I've gained 40 back over the last two years (major bummer), but I'm ready to start eating healthy again! I'll be cheering you on and adding you to my blog list! Good luck!

tiki_lady said...

i love her hair!! and that she loves smores, which are one of my faves!! this little girl has hung the moon in her grandparents eyes!