Thursday, July 16, 2009

What has Lynn been reading?

Oh boy do I ever need to catch you up what I have been reading!

I just finished a quick read titled, Accepting Joy by Todd F. Cope. If you want a quick one or two day read that will leave your heart feeling good, this is the book for you! This young couple should be happy; they've just moved into their first home, are expecting their first baby. But unexpected news about their only neighbor and their unborn baby sends them into a tail spin. In the end will they learn to accept joy?


Looking for a can't put it down mystery with plenty of twists, turns, and mouth watering recipes? Then Lemon Tart by Josi S. Kilpack is for you! Sadi is the neighborhood go to, you need someone to watch your kids, you need help...go to Sadi. Sadi races to solve the murder of a neighbor. She finds herself in some interesting positions, and a couple of times she had to eat humble pie. But in the end she gets is figured out, and all is not as it seemed. I am looking forward to the next book in the series, English Trifle to be released this fall.

I FINALLY got around to reading the second book in Betsy Brannon Green's Duty series. It came due at the library so I had to turn it back in as the library wouldn't let me renew. Then I had to wait until my turn on the hold list came back around. This one I COULD NOT put down! Even better than the first book. In this book the team try to flush out a mob boss, in the end they lose a team member, while gaining another. My name is number 137 on the hold list at the library for the third book, Code of Honor, just released...it might be awhile before I get to read the third one.

Last night I started, Knit Two, the sequel to Friday Night Knit Club by Kate Jacobs. If you like stories about the bonds of friendship, love, and trials amongst women, this is the book series for you. In the second book Dakota is all grown up, and the knit shop is struggling to remain true to Georgia's legacy, yet move on. If this sequel is anything like the first book, it promises to make me mutter under my breathe, laugh, and bawl like a baby.



No comments: